The PDG is extra funding from the Welsh Government to overcome the additional barriers poorer pupils face that prevent them from achieving their full potential.
This may include exceptionally able pupils who, because of their family background are not achieving their full personal potential, even though they appear to be holding their own in comparison with their peers.
The current year financial years grant is £63,250.
This is allocated to fund the following:
• Thrive support
• Wellbeing activity support
• Music tuition
• Literacy/Numeracy KS2 support
• Breakfast Club
• IT support for EAL programmes
• FP teaching assistant support
• Early years support
• Supporting work with parents in the early years
• Developing outdoor learning